6-Part Webinar Series
This 6-part webinar series focuses on the skills necessary to be a Strategic Leader. It is intended for people who are seriously interested in starting a new ministry or improving and expanding an existing ministry. Participants will learn and apply the principles and skills involved in creating a compelling vision, direction and strategy necessary for the longer-term growth and success of a team or ministry. This includes the basic skills required to think strategically, develop a vision, mission and strategy, make decisions, set priorities, lead change, and effectively delegate. Participants will be challenged with each week’s assignment to apply the teachings to the unique ministry vision that God is calling them to.
- A total of 26 hours of focused learning and studies over 6 weeks of webinars
- 2-hours per week are spent attending a live webinar
- 2-hours per week are spent completing class assignments, at your convenience
- A final 1-page strategy paper must be submitted within 2 weeks of the last webinar
- Develop a vision and purpose for your current or future ministry
- Demonstrate the use of strategic thinking skills and principles in forming a strategic plan for your ministry
- Learn, choose and apply a decision making method to a decision your ministry faces
- Set 1 and 5 year priorities and goals for the development of your ministry
- Determine which parts of your strategic plan to delegate and to whom
- Apply principles of change management to your ministry’s strategic plan
- Completion of all 6 webinar modules, including all related assignments, earns a participant one Learning Component Unit (or 1 elective credit) through YWAM’s University of the Nations (UofN) Extension Studies
- Check with the Dean of your UofN school to ensure that this credit will count toward your preferred degree program
- Developing Vision and Purpose
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Setting Priorities and Goals
- Leading Change
- 6 online webinars, approximately 2 hours in length each
- Webinars include teaching, group discussions, a case study example, 2-way Q&A, practice and application assignments, a self-evaluation, and sometimes peer coaching.
- Homework will be assigned at the end of each webinar. Students should expect to spend at least 2 hours every week outside of the webinar on an application assignment.
- A final strategy paper and evaluation must be submitted within one month of the last webinar. UofN credit will not be granted without submitting this.
- Students must demonstrate completion of each webinar, including all related assignments and evaluations from the webinars
- Students can miss up to 2 of the 6 live webinars. If students miss a live webinar, in order to get course credit, they must watch the recorded copy of the webinar and complete all related work assignments for it. They must also submit via email at least 1 question they had about the video, and 1 answer they would have given to a question the instructor asked during the video.
- The webinars will require coursework to be completed and submitted as homework which will directly apply to the ministry vision that God is calling each student to – it is important that students do not get behind in the coursework or they may not be able to effectively contribute and apply learning to later webinars in the series
Dates of Next Course:
Email us below to request more information about course dates.
To register or ask a question, please complete the information below.